Friday 19 December 2008

Sixties British Rock and Pop Chronology

I got this email a couple of weeks ago from Pete Townshend - who travelled all the way from Welsh Wales to our Club Night in November. Pete was originally a member of the Phantoms in the Sixties (from the Consett area)

Hi Alan.
Well it was a week ago when we were in Tudhoe and I have to say all three of us were knocked out with event. You can't beat LIVE MUSIC.
I was pleased that we had the opportunity to introduce ourselves to you, considering your gruelling timetable as musician, entertainer and compere.
I have to take my hat off to you, Alan Leightell and all the 'Regulars' that have made Vintage Sixties Live such a temendous success. I can only imagine the effort, time and sheer dedication you all must devote. And when you see such an enthusiastic crowd every month it must all feel worthwhile. I only wish I lived closer, I'd be there every month.
I get back 'Up North' a couple of times a year and you can imagine that I will now coincide my visits with the second Thursday in the month.
Have a great session on the the 11th December, please keep the video's coming on the website. I need them to get a 'fix' until the next visit.
Thought you might find this website of interest. Amazing that an American has put it together.
http://www.skidmore.edu/~gthompso/britrock/60brchro/index.html
Have a great Christmas and all the Very Best to everyone for 2009.
Kind regards,Peter Townsend


We'd be happy to welcome you and the lads again anytime Pete.

The site he refers to is well worth a look.

No comments: